Today, many transformation programs fail or do not meet the strategic objectives determined by the C-suite.
Unanticipated challenges result in transformations taking significantly more time and resources than originally planned. Your business cannot be successfully transformed without having completed the work necessary to understand your current state and target state destination.
Planning is critical to success and as such, I have listed some vital questions you need to ask and have answers to:
- Is it clear why the transformation is being undertaken? Are those reasons compelling?
- Have the objectives of the transformation, scope, time-frame and budget been clearly set?
- Do you have the skills required to implement the transformation?
- Do you need to build or buy the skills?
- Do you have committed, visible leadership from the C-suite for the transformation?
- Have you selected the best person to lead the transformation effort?
Branding a program as a transformation is not just semantics, it sets higher expectations. Therefore, the risks and consequences of failure are greater.
What do you consider to be vital in business transformation?
For more information on how PM-Partners can help you with your transformation effort, please call us on +65 6818 5771.