A business process is the combination of a set of activities within an enterprise with a structure describing their logical order and dependence, and whose objective is to produce a desired result. Business Process Modelling enables a common understanding and analysis of a business process.
This Business Analysis workshop explores the subject of Business Process Modelling. The workshop commences with a definition of the Organisational and Business contexts, which enable the Business Analyst to understand the context within which they will operate (analyse). Both organisational and business contexts may be depicted graphically by way of models, the Business Process Model being a typical model utilised by the Business Analyst.
To assist the Business Analyst in constructing a model, or set of models, there are a number of tools, techniques and best practice approaches which have evolved globally within the IT industry. For our purposes, we will touch upon the Unified Modelling Language (UML) approach, and shall additionally introduce Business Process Modelling as two best practice approaches used within the analysis (and associated) domains, both in Australian and global organisations.
In-house and customised training workshops also available please phone 1300 701 314 for details
This workshop is all about:
- Building upon fundamental business analysis concepts,
- Critical analysis and problem-solving within a project, based on typical and real-life case study scenarios,
- Applying effective communications skills to appropriately engage and manage stakeholders throughout the life of a project,
- Assimilating the workshop’s learnings for application to organisational frameworks for analysing projects,
- Collaborating and sharing experiences and knowledge with other Business Analysts,
- Challenging participants’ views regarding the Business Analysis role and associated capabilities, and
- Developing best practice examples, which will enable the establishment of ‘best of breed’ examples and the ability to set and manage standards.
Who this course is for
This workshop is designed for:
This Business Process Modelling course will benefit the following roles:
- Business Analyst: Assist the BA in understanding the value of modelling and will enable them to construct a correct, concise and complete process model, which represents the current and future organisational (and business) environments, thereby enabling requirements elicitation to commence, guided by the process model- amongst others.
- Solution Architect: Enable the Solution Architect to understand the business environment and future need, through a common (graphical) ‘language’. The process model will additionally enable the Architect to map the process to physical system (and network) capabilities.
- Developers: Enable the technical team (including developers) to acquaint themselves with, and understand the ‘tools’ through which the business ‘need’ is established, and the requirements are elicited and analysed. Understanding this graphical ‘method’ will enable the technical team to recognise and speak the same ‘language’ as the BAs, and further assist them in reviewing BA documentation and working on the technical specifications.
- Project Manager: Enable the Project Manager to gauge the documentation ‘standards’ adopted by organisations, thereby enabling the PM to better review documentation, against the said best practice documentation techniques.