Facilitators of this workshop will use a case study and scenario-based delivery approach to provide participants with a ‘hands-on’, multi-faceted and challenging learning experience. It will also draw heavily upon the experiences and challenges of the individual.
Participants will be actively engaged in information gathering and questioning scenarios consistent with a ‘learning by doing’ approach to knowledge assimilation and transfer.
All workshops are able to be customised to suit client requirements, using tailored case studies to better reflect the client’s business operations and typical questioning/information gathering situations.
Tailoring & Customisation
This workshop is able to be customised to suit your requirements, using appropriate and relevant scenarios from your specific workplace/organisation. It may be increased to 2 days upon request, and in collaboration with the client.
A comprehensive participant handbook is provided. Our participants are also entitled to complementary telephone consultation/advice within 60 days of workshop completion. All workshops may be conducted onsite or at our premises, with experienced facilitators providing group and/or individual instruction.
Workshop Content Summary
Self-Assessment: How Skilled are you at Questioning?
- Gauging your questioning skills
Planning your Approach
- The importance of a planned approach
- Steps for planning your approach
- Determining your purpose
- Determining the data to be gathered
- Identifying sources of information
- Selecting methods and technqiues; commonly used methods and their purpose:
Questioning Types; purpose and drawbacks
- Facilitated workshops
- Questionnaires and surveys
Executing your Plan
- Conducting interviews and following up
- The questioning life cycle
- Conducting workshops and following up
- Building rapport
- Being a good listener
- The crucial role of active listening within effective questioning:
- Attending and encouraging listening
- Reflecting listing
- Strategies for overcoming barriers to communication
- Beyond questioning; presenting the results
- Putting it all together.