Don’t get left behind…
To be successful, organisations must evolve and this means improving how they run their business on a daily basis (business as usual), and adapting to emerging demands and expectations. Portfolio Management helps organisations make decisions about implementing the right changes to business as usual; those changes are delivered via projects and programmes.
This Management of Portfolios (MoP®) course approaches the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint. It provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made, and what the impact is on business as usual and the organisation’s strategic objectives. It also prepares candidates for the MoP Foundation certification.
The benefits of MoP for organisations include:
- Improved strategic contribution – more of the ‘right’ projects are undertaken
- Removal of redundant, duplicate and low value adding projects and programmes
- More effective implementation of projects and programmes via management of constraints, risks and dependencies
- More efficient utilisation of scarce resources including skilled project/programme managers
- Improved accountability and corporate governance