Did you realise that PRINCE2® from AXELOS is the most widely recognised and applied project management methodology globally?
Did you know that PRINCE2® can be tailored to suit any project environment from private to public sector, large, small or complex project?
Were you aware that PRINCE2® can empower project managers and project teams?
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is often seen as the international ‘language’ for project management. It enables organisations to manage and deliver projects more successfully.
What PRINCE2® offers
PRINCE2 is a structured project management method based on four integrated elements:
- Principles. These are the ‘guiding light’ for your PRINCE2 project; they underpin successful project management.
- Themes. Provide guidance on the detail of best practice project management.
- Processes. These describe the project life cycle activities from start to project closure.
- The Project Environment. This element recognises that no project management method can be a ‘one size fits all’ approach – here lies the inherent flexibility of PRINCE2.
Empowerment for all
One of the most powerful aspects of PRINCE2 is reflected within its principles. Would you like to enable efficient use of senior management time in a project, without removing overall governance by ensuring decisions are made at the right level in the organisation?
PRINCE2 is not about micro-managing at any level – instead it is about empowering the right people to make the right decisions within the project context.
“A PRINCE2 project has defined tolerances for each project objective to establish limits of delegated authority”.
PRINCE2®, AXELOS, 2009
Is PRINCE2 ‘right’ for our Organisation?
PRINCE2 can be adapted to address diverse environmental and project factors such as:
- Projects within a programme
- Scale/size of the project including importance and risk
- Commercial/third party environments
- Different types of projects, from IT to health, construction, engineering, finance, sales, marketing, sports, strategy and policy development
- Agile methods and approaches such as Scrum, Lean Startup, DSDM, Kanban, eXtreme Programming (XP) and Scaled Agile Framework (SaFe)
- Incorporation of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® A Guide the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
The power of PRINCE2 is in understanding and adapting the themes, roles and processes based on your environmental and project factors.
If you haven’t already, take that first step and see what PRINCE2 has to offer and why so many organisations internationally have adopted it as the basis of their project management method.
PM-Partners offer both PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner courses.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited PMI and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.